Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Manifesto because

While writing a manifesto for the Beast Least Seen project, I noted many conditions that make me make stuff. Whether they be living situations, relationships, seeking attention or respect, I compiled a rather long list of things.

This is an offshoot from that process. Not really a manifesto, more a statement of conditions. I wrote it while on the train coming back to the city, a nightmare of a trip where some awful man eating roast chicken was throwing the bones on the carriage floor and got extremely angry at me for not talking to him...

2 comments:

Kate is On The Make said...

I am for an art...that is made by Britt Veitch!! Yeah, I can relate to all those. I really like "because I don't understand" and "because I am better than you"
And one more:
I am an artist because I can't do anything else.

Britt said...

'because I can't do anything else'= brilliant!

Perhaps i could add, 'because i am a brat' as it sounds/read a bit bratish.

Anyway, it's good to know you feel the same. Your Art is always amazing and you're always doing many projects and exhibitions!
hmm a set of commonalities amongst artists for affirmation, appreciation, and ways to fill life's voids??